24.2.12

Time out

Well the time has come for this fit-throwing child to be punished. :) I don't know where he got this whole, "I'm going to slap people in the face when I throw a fit" thing but I decided to start putting him in time out. I always heard that you should put the child in a place that isn't fun for them. A place where you can watch them and only keep them in there as many minutes as they are old. I didn't really have a place like that in my house, so I started putting him in the corner. But he would just look around at everyone and it really wasn't a punishment. So then I remembered our good friends in Snowflake. When they put their son in time out they made him put his nose in the corner so he couldn't see anything. I tried it and it worked! Even though he doesn't stay in there for a whole minute, he knows he can come out when he is ready to give hugs and kisses and be a nice boy. :) After a few times of putting him in time out, he started putting himself there. When he would hit someone, I would say, "uh-oh" and he started to walk to the corner. The scene is really quite funny to watch and Emily caught this cute picture of him. Love this:

1 comment: