6.7.11

Our honeymoon!

So Brian and I decided that we should go on a honeymoon...because we never got one when we got married (since we went back to school the day after our wedding) and we decided to go to Newport Beach. It was sort of now or never because Brian already had the days off from work since it was fourth of July weekend, we don't have ten kids, (yet), and we would already be in Phoenix so it was just that much closer. My sweet parents/emily watched Rett all weekend and it was so nice to just relax and not have to worry about some crazy sitter killing my child. We had a blast. Sorry the pics are all out of order. I am horrible at that. Our last day on the beach!
We saw this and knew we were on a real vacation. :)
Almost every time we went to the beach, we had to spend about an hour trying to find a parking spot. So on Sunday, it was REALLY packed so we parked far away and walked about a mile to the beach. We got to look over and see all the pretty yachts.
This pic is of all the beautiful roses surrounding the Newport Temple. On Sunday we went to church in the chapel that is right next to the Newport temple and then walked the grounds. It was so pretty.

I am so my mother's child. I loved finding these beautiful little shells and wonders on the beach and I couldn't make myself take them home because I knew they would just end up in my garbage can. So we decided to document my findings instead.

Oour couple photoshoot.

This pic looks like it could be the pic for that Footprints poem :)
Pretty picture at sunset.
No...we don't know this guy. Just a cool pic.
A giant piece of sea weed that washed up on shore. I was so proud of myself for finding such a prize. :)

A piece of kelp on my foot. Come to think of it...I'm not so sure why Brian took this pic.
Our sweet set up. :) This is about where I stayed all weekend. I love just sitting on the beach relaxing and watching people.
Catch a wave!
Here is Brian getting ready to go out boogie boarding! He is such a brave soul. The water was freezing! I went in with him and rode a few waves and then got out. That was as much as I could handle. I would rather lay on the beach than freeze in shark infested waters. (Am I paranoid? yes) Although, Brian wanted me to try it just once. I screamed the whole time. The things we do for love. :)
My handsome man.
So here is a picture of people fishing off the pier. It was so neat to just people watch. We walked the pier twice during the weekend. It was so cool to see all the fishermen. There were whole families fishing (I think they sell what they catch). The little kids would hold the plastic bags so the caught fish couldn't get away and the moms would chop their heads off right there on the pier. I was a little grossed out at how unsanitary it was. Maybe it was just my pregnancy instincts kicking in. :) Oh and we also saw a guy catch a huge sting ray...thingy....it sorta looked like a mini shark but it was totally awesome.
A pretty picture Brian took off the pier. PS. More pictures to come. They are on our other camera so I will post them later in a seperate post...which you might have read before this one...depending on how long it took me to post them. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ali you guys are so so cute!!! Looks like a perfect honeymoon! Love and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! We went to Santa Monica for our honeymoon (the night we got married lol and the week following) Last summer we went back to Santa Monica and then I took Scott to Newport...definitely a size difference with the waves! I miss the west coast!

    ReplyDelete